Subject: [Leica] visoflex novices
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:34:30 +0200

Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:17:18 -0400
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] Viso:  Don't Knock It If You've Never Used It
At 05:30 PM 10/4/2000 -0600, Anders Nygren wrote:
>I have never used a Viso, (but I will not let that stop me from making a
>fool
>of myself),  but this does not sound right.

Allow me to return to my 5-year accustomed role as the List Curmudgeon.
Others are much kinder than I am, and more genial.  Tina is the List
Goddess and is kind and charitable. No one has ever accused me of either!

Yes, if you've not used a Viso, then you ARE making a fool of yourself.

>>The Viso offers infinity focus, of course,
>
>But only with lenses made for Viso use, right?
>So it will not work with lenses made the last 20 something years.

Excuse me?  It will work with any lens allowing a back-focus of 62.5mm for
the Viso II/IIa/III.  Lenses such as Kilfitt, Novoflex or Questar.   And
there are a slew of others.

>Does it really give VF meter LEDS in the Viso VF?
>I would think that You have to use mirror lock-up and check the metering in
>the rangefinder VF.

Sure.  So what?  Is your hand broken?  Might be a problem then.

Best,

Marc

PS:  NOTE:  Old-Timers:  I WAS gentle on this noviatiate.  I cannot promise
to be so gentle in the future!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

<<<<<
Marc, to be as blunt as you, the visoflex seems like a pretty antiquated,
perverse contraption to be using nowadays when you could just use a (even
Leica) macro lens on an SLR. I can see that it might have a sort of
horse-and-carriage charm for people who like fiddling with bits and pieces,
but how come we don't see people like Heather Angel using this gem?
BTW, no need to be gentle with me!
Ciao
Rob.

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] visoflex novices)