Subject: RE: [Leica] Viso: Don't Knock It If You've Never Used It
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:17:18 -0400

At 05:30 PM 10/4/2000 -0600, Anders Nygren wrote:
>I have never used a Viso, (but I will not let that stop me from making a
>fool
>of myself),  but this does not sound right.

Allow me to return to my 5-year accustomed role as the List Curmudgeon.
Others are much kinder than I am, and more genial.  Tina is the List
Goddess and is kind and charitable. No one has ever accused me of either!

Yes, if you've not used a Viso, then you ARE making a fool of yourself.

>>The Viso offers infinity focus, of course,
>
>But only with lenses made for Viso use, right?
>So it will not work with lenses made the last 20 something years.

Excuse me?  It will work with any lens allowing a back-focus of 62.5mm for
the Viso II/IIa/III.  Lenses such as Kilfitt, Novoflex or Questar.   And
there are a slew of others.

>Does it really give VF meter LEDS in the Viso VF?
>I would think that You have to use mirror lock-up and check the metering in
>the rangefinder VF.

Sure.  So what?  Is your hand broken?  Might be a problem then.

Best,

Marc

PS:  NOTE:  Old-Timers:  I WAS gentle on this noviatiate.  I cannot promise
to be so gentle in the future!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!