Subject: Re: [Leica] Kenya and long lens
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 4 Oct 2000 15:32:57 -0700

On Wed, 04 October 2000, Tina Manley wrote:

> LUGnuts -
>
> I will be in Kenya for three weeks in December.  While my main focus will
> be people, I know I won't be able to resist trying for some photos of the
> wildlife there.  The longest lens I have is a 135 for my M's.  I do have
> the 100 Macro/Apo for the R and the 2x extender.  I would like to add a
> longer lens but I don't want to spend a lot of money.  This will be lens
> that won't get much use probably.  That excludes the new modular system
> lenses for the R's.  Can you recommend a good, older long lens for the R or
> should I look at the Viso system for the M?
>
> On another subject, I have read so many warnings about muggings and robbery
> in Kenya that I wonder if it is safe to carry my cameras on the street.  I
> know a lot of the warnings about developing countries are exaggerated and I
> know to use common sense about not going in bad neighborhoods after
> dark.  Has anybody been to Kenya lately?  What do you think?
>
> Thanks -
>
> Tina
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com

Tina, the best bang for the buck is the 400 f/6.8 Telyt, either viso mount or r-mount.  Description at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt/400R68.HTM

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.