Subject: Re: [Leica] a rose is a rose is a rose (more color v bw)
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:06:06 -0400

The secret is that the original bw was neither desaturated nor grayscaled...
I used the channel mixer (image->adjust->channel mixer) with 'monochrome'
checked to make a bw image with effectively a minus-green filter applied. I
turned this into a grayscale, copied the black channel, then went back to
the original image, did a mode change into LAB mode and pasted this into the
lightness channel. So what you get is the brightness values of the bw image
combined with the color values of the original image.

I guess this is getting a bit OT even if it was taken with a leica, but if
you want to discuss further we can go onto DigitalSilver

    http://www.topica.com/lists/digitalsilver

where it is very much on-topic.

- --
Johnny Deadman