Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Film at the Airport
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:55:22 -0700

At 9:03 AM -0400 10/3/00, ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:
>Well, if the x-ray gizmo bags don't work I haven't seen it. I make trips that
>require multiple x-ray checks and my film, including 3200, looks just fine.
>This x-ray thread keeps coming back but it's difficuclt to find anyone who's
>had damage. Arthur

I've seen one verified incidence of damage. This was about 25 years ago,
and the film was a 400 speed color negative one in a Rollei 35. You could
clearly see an image of the strap attachment clip of the Rollei on a number
of frames at the correct spacing, and decreasing in intensity. That was
once, in a _lot_ of flights. Mostly, I do what I can, but in developed
countries I don't worry too much. In less developed areas, I worry more
about the film, but I also worry more about explosives etc. getting on the
plane, as security is often not good.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com