Subject: [Leica] Erwin, photographic technique
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 18:49:28 +0200

Erwin, I've been looking around your site again - I do this every so often
as probably everyone on the LUG does. I'm often struck by your references
to improving or upgrading technique, which you don't enlarge upon. Could
you explain how one should upgrade one's technique to make the most of the
higher specifications of new Leica lenses? I ask this on the list because
I'm sure that the answers would be of interest to all of us.
I wonder whether as a hand-holding documentary photographer, often forced
to shoot 1/8 of a second, I can ever really get the most out of, for
instance, the 35/1.4 asph. Of course, that in itself is a pretty subjective
thing - I like the lens and it suits my needs as a snapper, and I also
believe that I can see that it's superior to other lenses of the same
length/aperture - but I'm curious to know what kind of technique would meet
your standards, both as a lens tester and photographer.
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO