Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R death
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:20:44 +0100

> I just don't understand these concerns about the R8 being too big.

I agree,  my favourite body bar none is the SL, no lightweight but it
seems to give a perfect balance with Leica glass, my R4 (same size as
6.2) always feels a little awkward compared to the SL, Ive never
really been comfortable with it.  Small lightweight bodies may be ok
with small lightweight lenses but for R glass you need something
substantial to hold onto.  I have small hands too.

Not that I can afford or need an R8 but Im just not sure about the
look of the thing and when I handled one in a shop it felt very
plasticy compared to the SL, but then most things do.  I guess Im
fortunate I dont need a modern camera.

Jason Hall