Subject: [Leica] LHSA Comes to Boston
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:19:14 -0400

Let me also add mine to Steven's kind offer.  I live near and work in Boston
and will be pleased to advise anyone on getting into and out of our fair
city, finding good shops for Leicas and other durable goods, eating and the
acquisition of non-durable goods, local customs and eccentricities, et
cetera.  I have posted some information on public transit...yes you can get
from Logan Field to the Burlington Marriott on public transit...and I will
exhume that information if necessary.  Please contact me off-list.

At the risk of completely eliminating it's stock, let me offer to all that
in my opinion the best Leica Shop for used gear and exotica in the Boston
area is New England Photo at 432 Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington
(617-643-1463)...I will provide directions by car and by transit for all who
desire.  Ara, the owner will act disingenuously ignorant, but he offers good
equipment at a fair price and will keep you talking for hours if you
appreciate classic Ferraris.  Other Leica destinations are Park Square
Camera on Arlington Street in Boston, Newtonville Camera in-- get this--
Newton, and E.P. Levine which most of you will never be able to find.
Anybody out there want to correct my assertion that Hunt's isn't worth the
journey to Melrose?

The foliage in Eastern Massachusetts is still sub-peak, but that could
change over the next week with a cold snap.  Warm days and cold nights are
both a possibility.

	Buzz Hausner