Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: photo technique = image quality?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 02:12:12 -0400

Guy Bennett jotted down the following:

> don't misunderstand me: i am not against the zone system - i think it can
> be very useful, and - though i'm not ready to test all aspects of my
> 'system' for best z-s performance - i do use a sort of simplified version
> of the z-s to help determine exposure.

After having read books and books, along with plenty of magazine articles,
on the Zone System, both by The Man himself and others, I've concluded that
for my style of photography, the correct adaptation of the Zone System is a
simple two-step program:

  1)  Give the negative plenty of exposure.

  2)  Fix problems in the darkroom.

I don't have the time or the patience to fiddle around with anything more
complicated than taking an incident metering of the light.  After that, I'm
much more interested in what goes on infront of my lens and when to press
the shutter release.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | eVolving      eMergent     eThereal
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | eNthusiasm    eVanescent   ePhemeral
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | eFficacious   eMbryolic    ePochal

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: photo technique = image quality?)