Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Film at the Airport
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 19:19:21 +0200

Finally a voice of sanity. I travel a lot (about 40 flights so far this year) and
I ALWAYS have some photo equipment and film with me. I want the security people
to ensure that nothing dangerous gets onboard the plane, not about whether they
harm my film or not. And I have not had a single roll fogged--not even Delta
3200--on any of my trips which have included the following airports: Brussels,
Zurich, Heathrow, Gattwick, London City, Birmingham, Copenhagen, Helsinki,
Lisbon, Milan and JFK.

Nathan

Martin Howard wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, the people working security at airline check-ins
> are there to protect me.  They are doing their job, doing what they can to
> ensure that my ass gets to where it's supposed to be going, and not falling
> in eight pieces out of the sky from 30,000ft over the Atlantic.  I always
> make a point to be polite, co-operative, courteous, and understanding when
> dealing with them: their's is a hell of a job.  They have to walk the fine
> line between ensuring that they can find potentially dangerous items, in a
> minimally disruptive way, and dealing with tired and often short-tempered
> passengers.  I wouldn't want to trade with them for five minutes.
>
> M.
>
> --
> Martin Howard                     | eVolving      eMergent     eThereal
> Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | eNthusiasm    eVanescent   ePhemeral
> email: howard.390@osu.edu         | eFficacious   eMbryolic    ePochal

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland