Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin, photographic technique
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 20:27:30 -0400

At 04:52 PM 10/1/00 -0500, you wrote:

>I use Leica cuz it's small, light, and unobtrusive...and rugged...
>but handheld, with tri-x or 200 ASA negative, the lenses of
>40 years ago were already fine.  You'd have to use 1/500 on every
>shot to see the difference.  Oh yeah, I've "played" with tech
>pan and pan F, in POTA or Microdol, and yes, it's amazing the
>results you can get.....BUT that ain't the use for 35mm....
>
>Just my (probably useless) $.02
>
>Walt

I agree totally, Walt.  If you're going to use slow film, fast shutter
speeds, and a tripod for the best possible resolution, why are you using
Leica M's?  That to me defeats the whole purpose of the fast lenses and
quiet, unobtrusive camera that is perfect for hand-held shots in low
light!!  Slow films and tripods are for medium and large format film.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com