Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin, photographic technique
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 16:29:31 -0700 (PDT)

IMHO, Technique is only relavent to the extent that it get's you the picture
that you want.

A lot of people are obsessed with it because it is the easiest part of the game
to master, assuming you are technically inclined. So you see a lot of
technically excellent pictures that are totally lacking in anything actually
interesting. Being an engineer, I take a lot of these myself. Most of the time,
I make an effort to forget about technique and concentrate on the picture. But,
my engineer side generally takes over and I miss a lot of shots because of
this.

Oh well

Pete