Subject: [Leica] How can I avoid permanent viewfinder fogging?
From: Tristan Tom <tt@Tristan.NET>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:40:43 -0700

I've heard two stories on this list so far about owner's M6
viewfinder permanently fogging. One was due to severe smoke exposure,
and the other was due to the owner using canned air spray.

I'm wondering if the viewfinder is so sensitive such that I should
avoid shooting photos in a smokey bar for example? I've already shot
photos when there was a lot of smoke in the air due to a fire a few
doors down from me.

I don't want my viewfinder to get messed up so I'm wondering under
what conditions could it become fogged permanently? Am I being overly
worrisome?

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] How can I avoid permanent viewfinder fogging?)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] How can I avoid permanent viewfinder fogging?)