Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tom A.
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:00:32 -0400

Walt-
I stopped having ANY doubts when I went to see about making copies of the
VALOY negative carrier! Tom doesn't have the economies of scale, even with
hundreds of fanatical Leicaphile LUGnuts buying his winder, and it ain't
like Ford, churning out millions of them. Even on the scale he does them,
they are going to cost more than the plastic little Chinese winders you see
for SLRs, but the Rapidwinder should last a lifetime, and they are cheaper
and more reliable than the Leitz Leicavits you can scare away from
collectors!
Sometime a better mouse trap just plain is worth the extra!!
Dan ( If I can just stop buyig old Leicas, I might be able to buy my own
Rapidwinder)Post