Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses Old & New
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 09:56:19 -0400

It's really funny- I just bought a IIf, and a friend told me, that they
weren't popular because there was no "T" setting to use to help load it!!! I
agree with Walt- and even though I have use LTMs long enough to load them in
my sleep, the long leader really makes it a snap! My only problem is cutting
IR film leaders by hand in the dark!!!
It is true, the design of the pressure plate is such that if you cut a 4"
leader, and load as the instructions on thebottom say, all the problems go
away...
NB- when you trim the film, however, cut BETWEEN the sprcoket holes, to
eliminate little chips of film which can and WILL jam the winding
mechanism!!
Dan