Subject: RE: [Leica] Still confused (was: 35, 90 and now 50mm?)
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:05:45 +0100

Bego,

If I had only two lenses I'd keep my 35 (old) Summilux and 90mm (skinny)
Tele Elmarit (f2.8). Both of them are small and compact and between them
offer a wide enough variety of view.

Recently I bought a Tri-Elmar and was amazed at how liberating the
experience of travelling was, no extra lens to carry about, at the expense
of speed (in f-stop terms) and a focal length longer than 50mm. If I had to
keep only one lens it would be this.

If I wasn't allowed this expensive lens, I'd keep the old 35 Summilux.

If I had to keep only one 50mm lens, I'd try to get the Summilux, but I
know I'd be happy with a Summicron.

Hope this helps, but your preferences are unlikely to match everyone
elses...
Jem