Subject: Re: [Leica] I need help from Mom (was 35 Summicrons (wasRe:Voigtlander Ultra-Wide)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:30:16 -0400

At 09:16 PM 9/28/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina, DO NOT put the Leica on the seat beside you, unless it wears its
>seat belt! More than once packages on my seat have not stayed there when
>I had to use the brake hard (an object in motion stays in motion...).
>And if you do not ever need to use the brake that hard, either no driver
>in front to you ever stops suddenly to make a turn, or you are driving
>that Miata much too slowly.
>
>Jesse

Jesse -

You forget about the automatic restraining device that all mothers
have.  When I step on the brakes, my right arm automatically extends to
prevent anything in the passenger seat from going forward.  My Leica is in
no danger of hitting the floor (although most of them have hit things
harder than the floor of the Miata!)

I took my new Bessa-L and 15 mm lens out for a drive today - fun!  You
couldn't hear the loud shutter over the wind as I sped along the country
roads snapping away.  Don't know when I'll find time to develop all of this
film!

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com