Subject: [Leica] Re: suzy q? Loud Camera Sound
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:23:45 -0700

> OK, so what's your favourite LOUD camera shutter sound?

My Debrie Sept, with wind-up motor humming away as it grinds through 15 feet
of 35mm film in a few seconds. Hey, it is 35mm, even if it is a movie
camera. And it will take single frame (half-frame) photos, too.

It's about the size of a Rollieflex and weights three times as much, mostly,
I think, from the formidable internal wind-up spring.

You look through a viewer or a sight over the top, so it must qualify as a
"rangefinder" of sorts, and is therefore on topic!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger