Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapid Load for M2
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:13:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/00 1:59:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, icommag@toad.net
writes:

<< After using a M6 for a couple days recently I feel the only thing lacking
on
 my M2 is the Rapid Load. So, I know this has been addressed before, but, is
 this available as a kit from Leica? Any advice? >>

The kit with which I am familiar was sold by Leitz as #14260, called the
"Quick-loading Spool".  It consists of a spool with a large slot which
accepts the film leader, and a "spacer" which mounts to the basplate and
guides and holds the leader into and in the slot.  Like many of the more
uncommon items from Leitz, it works well enough after a bit of acclimation or
practice.  This item is decidedly not a kit to modify the body by installing
an M4 take-up spool.

Joe Sobel