Subject: [Leica] re: b&h should respond to this message
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:36:59 -0400 (EDT)

>This showed up on the University website and since we Leica users buy a
>bunch of stuff from B&H, we should get an explanation for what is going
>on.

oh pashsaw! (or however you spell it)
i'm struck to say "get real". first of all, if anyone really thinks that
b&h needs to answer this, send it to b&h for crying out loud, they can't
be expected to monitor every photo-related mailing list on the internet --
the lug certianly isn't their inbox. why send it to three hundred people
who can't do anything about it and don't know anything about it when you
could have just as easily sent it to someone who _does_ know and who _can_
respond. (harry posner is the obvious suggestion).

secondly, who's "steve"? maybe this story's entirely apocryphal. i'm not
apt to immediately accept as fact some story posted on some university
newsgroup by some guy with only one name. thirdly, and perhaps most
importantly, b&h _is_ repuitable. we've probalby all returned something to
them at one point in time. and it'll take more than one uninvestigated
semi-anonymous rumor to change that. polite? perhaps not, repuitable yes.

as it is, this is just rumormongering & it doesn't belong here. this is
how the good times virus gets around.

tell us about the finish on your new M6J instead please.

blech.