Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 90/1.0?
From: Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:16:17 -0300

Way back in 1976 I saw, in an old book about the Leica system (don't remember
the title, sorry) a mention about a 50mm f:0.33 lens for use in an X-ray
machine. The radiologic technique was called abreugraphy, after Dr. Manoel de
Abreu, a Brazillian radiologist who originated it in 1936, using a Leica camera
to take pictures of a fluoroscope. The cheaper 35mm film made it possible to
make population-wide screening for lung diseases and abreugraphy was responsible
for bringing tuberculosis under control through early detection. In fact, this
method caught an early pneumonia I had in 1976, even though the picture wasn't
made with a Leica. 70mm film was used because of the bigger image.

Best regards,
Amilcar

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: Leica 90/1.0 - photo)
Message from "Simon" <simple@forestchina.com.hk> (Re: [Leica] Leica 90/1.0?)