Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summicrons
From: Simon Ogilvie <simonogilvie@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:34:24 +0100

Wow, that opened a can of worms didn't it!
I hadn't expected the level of response to
what was initially meant to be at best a
tongue-in-cheek question, but some of the
(Especially the pun, in Latin, referring I
assume to Ted's underwear...).

One reply had it about right, that I was set
on buying the ASPH in any case, and was only
looking for a justification with which to
appease my wife.  But I think after 13 years
of marriage, she knows me well enough by now
to accept what I spend on my second love...

It boils down to the reason for owning Leica
in the first place, which to me is because I
want to squeeze the absolute best I possibly
can out of a 35mm piece of film.  I have
several other camera systems including 4x5,
6x7, and 35mm, but my most used camera and
lens is, and will remain my M6 with 35 Summicron
(now ASPH...), as I believe it offers the
pinnacle of lens design (among other things).

Anyway, perhaps that's enough said on the subject
and now it's time I went out and used my new
lens ;-)

Simon.

Totalise - the Users ISP
To become a member and a shareholder