Subject: Re: [Leica] Suzy Q, again
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:40:39 -0400

At 05:25 PM 9/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
>  Think of Salgado's work, or Natchwey's: Where we
>as remote viewers can experience a carefully preserved, technically perfect,
>aesthetical, slice of reality from a safe distance.  In some twisted manner,
>it's as though it doens't matter any longer whether the subject matter is
>the flower pot by the window, a malnourished child, a foggy dawn over a
>battle field, or sunrise over the Pacific Ocean.
>
>M.

Martin -

I think Salgado and Natchwey expect that their photographs will make a
difference in the way the viewer feels or reacts toward the subjects
portrayed and that in the long run their photographs will make a difference
in the world.  Upon viewing their photographs you might feel compelled to
contribute to a charity, work for hunger relief, consume less yourself.
You can't really say that about photographs of a flower pot or a sunrise.

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com