Subject: RE: [Leica] Suzy Q, again
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:16:07 -0400

I should think he was "snipping a lot of context"---like the whole rest of
her book.  But I'd suggest that these thoughts are not "facile," and so
rather than seize upon ways in which we may see them as "dismissive and
contemptuous" or even "enraging," we should do better to give Ms. Sontag the
benefit of the doubt and to consider ways in which what she took the trouble
to write might make some perceptive sense (regardless of whether we come to
agree with it).

:-)

Art Peterson