Subject: RE: [Leica] A modest proposal.
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:27:57 -0400

With apologies to Virgil and John Dryden:

Light, and the man I sing, who, forc'd by fate,
And haughty camera's unrelenting weight,
Expell'd and exil'd, left the Nikon shore.
Long labors, both by night and day, he bore,
And in that merciless quest, before his show
That coveted realm, he saw the destin'd glow;
Rangefindered gods restor'd to rites divine,
And settled sure succession throuh th' M line,
From whence the brace of Wetzlar amass,
The bokeh'd glories of majestic glass.

In case you're wondering.  The Dryden translated original is:

Arms, and the man I sing, who, forc'd by fate,
And haughty Juno's unrelenting hate,
Expell'd and exil'd, left the Trojan shore.
Long labors, both by sea and land, he bore,
And in the doubtful war, before he won
The Latian realm, and built the destin'd town;
His banish'd gods restor'd to rites divine,
And settled sure succession in his line,
From whence the race of Alban fathers come,
And the long glories of majestic Rome.

Jonathan Lee