Subject: extension tubes for SL (was: Re: [Leica] teleconverter for SL )
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 24 Sep 2000 12:15:13 -0700

On Sun, 24 September 2000, Damian Dlugolecki wrote:

> Doug,  But isn't the 14256 the R-only version of the 14198 1:1 converter
> for the 60 macro elmarit?  Why not use the 14198?  According to Matheson
> the extension tubes and elpro stuff are useable up to and including the
> 135 f2.8 R-Elmarit.  I can't find any further information to indicate
> whether the 180 R-Elmarit is likewise adaptable.  Do you know?
>
> Damian

Damien,

The 14198 has a collar that fits over the 60's aperture ring and also keeps the 14198 from being used with other lenses.  I haven't tried it with a 180 but I have tried to use it with 90 Summicron-R and 135 Elmarit-R and it doesn't fit.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.