Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Aspherical
From: David Prakel <dprakel@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 10:16:48 -0400

on 24/9/00 12:06 am, Simon Lamb at owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

then B.D. Colen wrote:
> Simon....How "good," accurate, do their evaluations tend to be?

I'd like to know which 12mm Leica lens this direct comparison refers to!
Looks like a great apples and oranges quote to me.

In answer to BD's question I can add a little bit about APs lens tester. I
worked for a sister magazine when Dr Stewart Bell worked at SLR Camera and
then again at What Camera in the UK. If these tests were done by Stewart
Bell than you have the best technical measurements in the business -
interpret the comments carefully however as it may well be creative
sub-editing (I should know I did enough of it!) or a particular hobby horse
being thrashed to death.

- --
David Prakel

dprakel@rochester.rr.com