Subject: Re: [Leica] Helping kids develop
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:08:40 -0400

At 08:35 AM 9/22/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm of the pretty firm opinion that if a kid has talent and inclination in
>photography, any camera that lets them express and develop that will
>do.

I agree, B.D. My uncle did this for me when I hadn't even shown any promise
at all (some would argue I still haven't 20 years later...lol)
He gave me his Kodak Rettinette that he got while stationed in Germany. A
fixed slow 3.5/45mm Schneider-Kreuznach lens, strictly scale focus, leaf
shutter, bottom wind and knob rewind...but I still love the camera and the
first 15 rolls I put through it in the Rockies are some yielded some work
good enough to hook me and put me on the path to shooting film as a
passion. If the shutter didn't need unsticking, it would accompany my M5
every time I leave the house.

OTOH, I think an M4 would have done just the same had "mon uncle" had one
to pass on.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube