Subject: RE: [Leica] Info on Zunow Lenses in LTM
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:08:36 +0100

David,
there was an eight page spread on super fast lenses in LTM in the 2nd issue
of the LHSA's magazine, 'Viewfinder', this year.
An except reads:

	"The design and fabrication of the Zunow 5/1.1 lensmount and diaphragm
system was poorly done so many of the surviving examples have mechanical
troubles such as poorly functioning or missing diaphragm blades, missing or
stripped screws, etc. The diaphragm of the Zunow 5/1.1 should never be idly
toyed with as it is susceptible to precipitous failure."

The article continues to relate that some examples have all their blades
removed by owners wishing to end the problems.
Best to pick up the magazine and enjoy the rest of the benefits of LHSA
membership, they have a web site for details and membership applications,
they're linked from the Leica-Camera site.

Jem