Subject: RE: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:28:42 +0100

This 'designer' label thing really pees me off!

You go into an opticians, say, and the assistant says, "And this is the 'designer' range".
So I asked, "Who's the designer? Anyone particularly famous?"
	"No," she says, "It's just the 'designer' range".
"So the other lenses weren't designed by a designer?" I ask, trying my best to appear bemused rather than sarcastic.
	I receive a weird look, as if I don't understand the concept of 'designer range', and leave the conversation there...

With you on that one.

Jem