Subject: RE: [Leica] scanner
From: "Ken Lai" <ken@compose.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:53:23 +0800

John,

I know it would run on a Mac, but not sure whether I can hook up the scanner
thru a USB to SCSI converter. Most USB to SCSI converters say they work with
SCSI scanners but Polaroid says that some converters do not work or are very
very slow and so is not recommended. Also on the Nikon site, they do not say
whether we can use the LS2000 via the converters. The Kodak seems to be the
only one that says that it supports USB connection.

As my Mac does not have a SCSI port, and does not support PCI card, the only
solution for me is to hook up the scanner thru the converters.

Ken

    http://www.topica.com/lists/ss4000/read

I'm very happy indeed with this machine. The extra dpi over the LS 2000
makes a lot of difference IMO and again IMO your leica lenses deserve it!
If you're interested in making prints bigger than 11x14 I don't think it
really has competition at the moment, though the Nikon LS3000 (4000 dpi) may
well change that when it finally arrives.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] scanner)