Subject: Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams the singer uses a Leica
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:14:20 -0700

On the subject of celebrities who photograph:  The late Yul Bryner was
an enthusiastic photographer and a Leica user.  I once saw a book of his
photographs in a used bookstore.  If I recall correctly, they were quite
good.  He photographed his own world, but it wasn't just celebrities, it
was people he cared about and places he loved.  He had a good eye, and
that rare ability to catch a person's character in a photograph.

Anyway, let's not diss all famous people who take photographs just
because some are bad photographers.  Sometimes talent in one art form
translates to similar talent in another.  And as Ted has observed,
sometimes it doesn't!  And of course, being famous gives one
opportunities that the rest of us don't have, and that isn't fair.  But
if the work is good, it's good.

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams the singer uses a Leica)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams the singer uses a Leica)