Subject: [Leica] Finder flare
From: Douglas McLernon <dhwsmc@eircom.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:40:27 +0100

I have two M6s and an early M4-P. The M4-P finder does not have
noticeable flare in most circumstances.Both of the M6s do. The M6s
have an apparent  reflective strip at the bottom of the viewfinder
window and a different slatted surface from the M4-P on the opaque
window. The viewfinder window on the M4-P is more recessed than the
M6s. They definitely are different finders although I shall not argue
about the internal construction - best to leave this to Erwin and
Stephen!!
The cure for the M6's flare is the magic black tape! Use a small
triangle with the base at the bottom on the  opaque window. I saw
this tip on the LUG about two years ago and have had no problems
since I made this expensive and time consuming fix!
Regards,
Doug
Dublin, Ireland