Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:34:59 -0700

At 6:01 PM -0400 9/19/00, Martin Howard wrote:
>imx jotted down the following:
>
>> The designer Giorgio Giugiaro said recently that the
>> outward expereince of a tool reflects its inner genius of functionality.
>
>Guigiaro was the industrial designer involved in the F3 project.  I guess
>that placing the flash sync contacts over the rewind socket was his
>contribution of "genius" to that particular project...
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin Howard                     |
>Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | People don't like to be parameters
>email: howard.390@osu.edu         | in an equation.

The flash contacts over the rewind knob bit was Nikon's way of ensuring
that the 'removeable' viewfinder wouldn't be by the flash. Earlier Nikons
also had it.

I think Guigiaro's main contribution to Nikon design was the red stripe,
now gone purple in the latest Coolpix 990.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com