Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:20:57 -0400

on 19/9/00 5:26 pm, imx at imxputs@knoware.nl wrote:

> The hybrid road is a no-brainer! If the end product
> is digital, the full imaging chain will be digital. It is more convenient,
> it is cheaper, it brings the  results one needs and all companies, from
> Kodak to Fuji, bet on the digital chain.

I love you, Erwin, and you're totally right about the industry having lost
its way in camera design, but on this point you're wrong and I don't think
you've done your research. The hybrid road is anything but a no-brainer.
Filmscanners are getting better and better, and there are GREAT solutions
for printing BW on inkjets (see www.piezography.com).

For some of us, it is not far off the Promised Land.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com