Subject: Re: [Leica] Beginner B&W Question - Indoor Available Light
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 06:59:24 +0200

John,

> 1.  Should I shoot t-max or tri-x?  What about the color film black and
> white type stuff?

Try Delta 3200, expose it at 1200-1600 and ask the lab to develop it
according to Ilford's instructions for 3200. But make sure they do not use
T-Max developer. The "color B&W" stuff, i.e. Ilford XP2 Super or Kodak
T400CN is convenient as you can have it developed anywhere but it is not
true B&W.

> 2.  Using the M6TTL meter, and the lenses above, if I set the film speed
> at 400 and meter an average brightness level in the frame will the
> exposure be on target?

Avoid having any light sources in the frame when you meter.

> 3.  I figure I'll get the lab to make a contact sheet and then pick the
> pictures I want to enlarge.  Any suggestions or special instructions I
> should include for processing or printing?

See above. Ask them what developer they use. Delta 3200 (and therefore
T-Max) work best in XTOL or Ilfotec DD-X.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland