Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder topics
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:52:40 -0700

imxputs wrote:

> Rangefinder topics.
<snip>
> spot. The addition of the 28 frameline and the pairwise display of two frames
> at once necessitated another change of the mechanism. The mechanism of
> framemasking had to be changed and compared to previous finders the clarity
> and transparacy of the finder was enhanced. Any M4P and M6 has brighter
> framelines and higher transmission than the previous models. Both requirements
> could be met, but the internal meachnism had to be changed.
<snip>
> Please note that this text is part of an upcoming article and so is
> copyrighted and please when using part of this text, do not forget to quote
> and cite the origin.
> Erwin

Sounds like you are saying that all Leica has to do is put in only
35/50/90 framelines, like the original M2 and the flare will be same as
the M2.  I have my doubts but it would be an interesting product to
test.

As to higher transmission, if you speak of just looking through the VF,
I really don't think so. The M2 is a bit brighter than the M6HM (sorry
but I don't have a M6 .72 to compare.

Dennis