Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:43:46 -0700

Peter Shier wrote:

> When you say flare in the finder are your referring to the problem that I
> have seen when there is even moderate backlighting that makes it very
> difficult to focus because the solid white rectangle becomes washed out?
> When that happens it is very hard to align facial parts object lines.

That is it, the RF patch can look whited out and it is impossible to
discern focus. I have had it happen with strong sidelight too.

Centering the eye on the M6HM seems very important but doesn't always
clear it up.  Comparing an M2 and M6HM side by side and it's like they
are totally different.

Dennis