Subject: [Leica] Re: Screwing around with Bessa R and LTM (was mesage for M levy)
From: Michael Levy <yvel@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:33:01 -0400

Thanks Howard -- I have no idea why my ISP has some sort of anti-Orient
prejudice. A gentleman from Japan had to phone me from Tokyo to confirm his
e_bay bid! I will query them (Adelphia is a cable comlnay and I have a
high-speed cable modem) and ask what it is about, messages from Tokyo or
Hong Kong.

I am totally new to LTM. <My first 35 mm RF (Nikon S2) used a bayonet mount
and my SLRs did. Subsequently I returned to RF and used (real) Contax
Bayonet mounts, but the new Bessa seemed pretty intersting and, of course,
less shakyy than  a 1954 camera; so I swapped for one and decided I wanted
more lenses. I picked up a Russian 50 mm Sonnar copy yesterday -- first day
I had film in the bessa -- and find threead mount lens swtiching is not at
all as terrible as I feared, especially since I can preview with the VF. I
can consider camrea angles, too as I screw around <G> with lenses.

Now a ???
Is it wise (in genral) to havethe lens set at infinity or close focus when
mounting LTM lenses? On the Bessa (with its double sshutter blinds)-- and on
the IIIf that i will have in a week or so?

Appreciate any LUG help on this,
Mike