Subject: [Leica] leica - collector's or user's camera?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:39:23 +0100

luggers,

in a way, all the hubbub about the 0 series being a collector's or a user's
camera reminds me of a discussion i had with a friend, a professional
photographer who also teaches photography at a local university. it was at
a show of his work about a year ago, after which we spent a moment
discussing photographic equipment. at one point he asked me what kind of
camera i used. when i responded: "a leica m6," he said: "isn't that just a
camera for buff's?"

he obviously believed that the m was a collector's camera, nothing more, an
assessment with which most on this list would probably disagree.

just a thought.

guy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] leica - collector's or user's camera?)