Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 15:55:16 +0100

Joe,
I think the reasons are fairly predictable.
You want to introduce a camera as the top model in your line up, how do you
achieve status for such a new product? You assimilate it to the current
pedestal holder.
You want to introduce a product which can be taken seriously as a sytem
camera but are unwilling to launch a whole raft of lenses and other
accessories? Simple, make it compatible with someone else's system.
You want to save yourself from any negative legal action? Easy, just deny
it has any connection with Leica's M-mount at all!

Jem