Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL questions
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:16:09 -0400

I have a couple of questions, if you might indulge me. Is the Passport
transferable? I'm assuming that any used M6 TTL out there would still be
in the coverage period.

The other question concerns the flash. I'm one of the few M users I know
who regularly uses it. And not any old flash, I use a monster Quantum T2
with the Turbo battery. It dwarfs the little M but the results with bare
bulb combined with Leica glass are very nice indeed. Quantum tells me
that the TTL adaptor for the M6 TTL is the same one as for the R8, but
they didn't seem very sure of this. The Leica site also seems to hint
that when describing the SF-20 but if anybody has any direct experience
of the functionality of an R8 compatible flash on the M6 TTL I'd love to
hear it. Obviously, I know that it won't set the synch speed, but I'd
like to know about the TTL capability and viewfinder display.

Thanks!

Simon Stevens