Subject: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:58:36 -0400

It worked just fine on early M mount 90 Summicrons and 21 f/4 SAs.

Ken Wilcox

At 12:00 PM -0400 9/15/0, M.E.Berube of GoodPhotos.Com wrote:
>It would seem to me to Leica's advantage to make LTM as their default mount.
>Is there any image quality lost when using an LTM version with an adapter
>as compared to the M mount version of the same lens?
>By making LTM lenses default (sold with an M adapter standard), Leica might
>encourage a few budget minded folks to use classic or new C/V LTM bodies
>instead of buying an M body first, but they would also make their lenses
>more adaptable and desirable to a broader market without lessening their
>dedication to their current M clients or costing themselves huge amounts in
>retooling.
>If anyone sees a flaw in this logic please point it out.

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>

In reply to: Message from John Collier <jbcollier@home.com> (Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive [Leica] New SMC Pentax-L 43mm F1.9 Special + viewfinder forLeica)
Message from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive [Leica] New SMC Pentax-L 43mm F1.9 Special + viewfinder forLeica)