Subject: RE: [Leica] quiet cameras in cathedrals?
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:24:16 BST

Hi,

The comment that sparked this thread was "I have to say that for anyone to
have the insensitivity to want to photograph others in the act of worship
beggars belief!". We appear to have established quite quickly, in your
reply, that wanting to photograph others in the act of worship is a
perfectly legitimate desire.

How any particular photographer approaches this is a different matter
altogether, and there are many perfectly respectable ways of doing it,
including ways that don't require permission up front.

I'm afraid your recommended approach would kill almost all documentary,
reportage, photojournalism, and press photography stone dead.

Bob