Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica 'tis of thee
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:08:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/00 3:53:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
summarex@yahoo.com writes:

<< Seriously, I wonder how many M3s  can focus a Noxtilux accurately @F1@8
feet???? >>

It's a legitimate question.  IME, the answer, in practical terms, is that
there are probably fewer than we think.  Most M3's, of the hundreds I have
seen at stores, camera shows and elsewhere, have finders which are either
dirty or have otherwise lost contrast.  In lower levels of lighting, even
assuming perfect adjustment they would be moderately to extremely difficult
to focus accurately.  Then consider the possibility of misalignment or
mechanical error from disuse and the odds can only worsen.

Joe Sobel