Subject: Re: [Leica] It's all about M's
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:07:47 -0700

Dante A Stella wrote:

> Axel Schwieker wrote:
>
> > This accuracy is of _no_ use if the smallest exposure adjustment you can
> > do on a M is 1/2-stop. 1/4 stop shutter+meter accuracy is enough.
>
> But it is of use if you have a continuously-variable electronic shutter.  And
><Snip>
> What camera lacks manual ISO?

> Dante Stella

IMO a strange compulsion to not recognize the dispensability of most modern
camera "features".
If I really wanted the best shot i could get of my garage or tree in my back
yard I'd use my view camera of a design not much changed in a 160 years or
actually much more.
Of course I'd be constrained by not having one with DX coding!
I can't see how someone so into all these modern whizz bang unessary feature
would want to be on a list with a bunch of M6 users.
The M6 a famously classic bare bones exquisite picture taking tool. (hand held!
Wow! small film!)
Smells like a troll if you ask me!
Mark W. Rabiner

Message from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] It's all about M's)