Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting in Italy
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:11:25 +0200

Dennis,

Italy is a beautiful country with great people, great food, great art...Yes,
there are some pick-pockets but they are more likely to be interested in your
wallet. I have walked around Milan, Florence, Pisa and Torino with my Leicas
without ever the slightest hint of problem. There are several LUGgers living in
Italy who I am sure take their Leicas out for regular workouts. What is the
point of bringing a Leica to Italy and then leaving it in the hotel?

I guess Italy (or any other place for that matter) is not as safe as Singapore,
but if you are really worried, then take out insurance on your Leicas and go
take pictures!

Nathan

Dennis_Thong wrote:

> I am a photojournalist from Singapore. Just rececived an assignment to go to
> Italy, to cover a Singapore cartoonist receciving a world class award on
> this coming Saturday.
>
> I will be shooting at : Fondazione Citta' Di Forte Dei Marmi which is
> Italian Museum of Political Satire and Caricature.
>
> However, I read a lot about pick-pocket in Italy. Will bringing leica-M be
> safe there ?  Help and advises needed. Should I leave the camera in hotel
> and try not to bring them out ?
>
> Has anyone been there ? or any Leica User there ?
>
> >From Singapore LUG,
> Dennis Thong.
>
> Can mail me on: dennis_photo@hotmail.com

- --