Subject: RE: [Leica] Red Dot Confusion
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:05:16 +0100

Shel,
my M6 falls in that 166(7135) range.  It has ERNST LEITZ WETZLAR GMBH
engraved on the rear of the top panel and the red dot says 'Leitz', the
front engraving says LEICA (and underneath) M6.
I could imagine the red dot has been replaced at some stage. It has to be
removed for servicing purposes, perhaps it was scratched and a 'Leica' one
substituted?
Jem