Subject: [Leica] Leica Disposable cameras, by Susan Sontag
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 00:06:03 -0700

Hello people! I hear you have been talking about me so I'm going to give you my
deep thoughts on what coming out with disposable cameras will do to the
legendary Leica Marque.

The obvious first thought would be that it would trash it, not so.
The opposite would be the case of course. Let me explain.
What if Leica came out with a line of premium disposables?
	Say they cost 8 dollars instead of 5?
And the cardboard was from the black forests of Germany or it used a real glass lens?
And they had red dots on them and they were everywhere?

Would that make us not care to be seen with our red dots on our metal cameras in public?
No the reverse would happen:
Would People believe Leica if they all of a sudden gave no thought to the
propriety of their product? "Just give us your money"
Nope. The reverse would happen like it always does.
The thought of a real M6 is planted in the minds of the populace.
People think Leica has a sense of humour.
Everybody is happy.

"Oh I've never thought of using one made of real metal! Does that make it work better?"
"Leica! You've tried it in cardboard! Now move up for only a few dollars more to
the real thing!"

Susan Sontag

(sound like her?:)
Markwr