Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: LUGPhoto Quotes To Brighten Your Day
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:10:57 -0400

For me the past doesn't exist.  All I am aware of are photographs,
drawings, movies, written descriptions and vocal recitations (for the very
recent past) made by people who were very selective as to what they were
recording.   So in this sense, these records define the past for me.  And
photographs are a very effective means of making these recordings.

I think the quote is quite profound.  Certainly more so than discussions of
lines per inch and bokeh.  I have the book but have never read it.  Maybe
it's time...

Dan C.